Friday 17 July 2015

AFRICAN THREADING!!

What is African threading?

Most of  us black girls are familiar with African threading. Very well. Probably not with the same name yes. I remember we used to call it "mologo wa wool" lol. yes that. I must have had my hair threaded 1000 times as a young girl and I don't remember suffering any complications with my hair, hair loss balding, hairline loss, NOPE!! NEVER!!.
 African threading is basically putting your hair  into ponytails using a thread. "We" in South Africa, I know most people use wool. In other parts of the world people use rubber threads. Rubber threads are plastic kind of material whereas wool is more cottony and is thicker than your regular thread and I'd say it's much safer because it's not too sharp to cut your hair.

remember this???


African threading can also be used as a protective style. Beautiful hairstyles. I think We must actually bring this method back by power by force. it's save. it's easy and it's cheap.



What you need for African Threading:

  • Thread, wool or rubber thread. I use wool.
  • comb - for dividing your hair in to desired sizes
  • hair clips - just to make life easy by putting your divisions out of your way.
  • TIME AND PATIENCE. ;)





NB: you don't need much skill. it is very easy to do. Unless you planning on wearing it as a protective style. then yeah!!

How to African Threading:

  1. separate you hair into however sizes you like
  2. cut up a piece of a thread/wool
  3. place it right a the root of your hair
  4. tighten the thread/wool around the hair going upwards to the tip of your hair.
  5. knot it down or secure it down. lol.



FINITO!!

yazzzz!!


What do you do to stretch your hair ladies? what do you think of this method? share your thoughts and other fabulous methods on stretching natural down in the comment section.

Don't forget to like my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ImNaturalInSA for frequent updates.

chao chao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment