Monday 11 January 2016

6 MONTHS PROTECTIVE STYLING CHALLENGE!!! 11 JAN - 11 JULY 2016


Hello Hello Hello y'all natural beauties. Happy new year and all the best with your manes this year.  2015 was challenging but most importantly a year of discovery, learning, and  a year of trials and errors when it comes to my hair. Last year October the 26th was my 1 year "hairvessary" and yes I was very pleased and proud of my progress. I have bigger and even better goals this year and I will like to continue sharing them with you this 2016. The first one being length retention. I've learned and mastered my technique of keeping my hair thick and nourished. And now I want to see some length.



I've spent my festive season in my hair, meaning I was always touching and manipulating my hair. in and out of wigs, I was forever touchy touching my hair. With that I realized I was setting myself back because every time I touched my hair, I also had a pair of scissors in my hands. I always had to cut some type of knots or tangles. I realized I dried out my hair and created unnecessary tangles and knots. My laziness of not detangling also made my hair prone to tangles, that I know for sure. I want to change this.



Anyway, this January I have decided to put my hair away and I mean for a very long time. I'm embarking on a 6 months protective style challenge. I'm going to tuck my hair under the wigs, and crotchet braids. I thought about Senegalese and box braids but I'll see with those. I'm not mad about having someone touch my hair.

Here's what I'll be doing---

 Under my wig:

  • Corn row my hair in small to medium rows
  • Mist my strands and oil my scalp with JBCO and peppermint oil every second night
  • Wash and deep condition my cornrows every two weeks 
  • Take down the cornrows after 6 weeks and back again after a thorougher wash and detangling.
  • Take extra care of my edges
Internally:

  • Drinking lots of water
  • 3 bottle of 750ml during the day and 1 liter before bed. 
  • Take my vitamins 
  • Green smoothie intake, every morning
Externally: 
  • Workout (lol) 
  • Smile 
Anyone joining me????????? lets do this!!!! Don't forget to follow me on Facebook  https://www.facebook.com/ImNaturalInSA/ 









1 comment:

  1. Am impressed by your hair journey sis.I just joined the page and saw you. I am crazy about wearing my african hair.Dreads messed up my edges.Each time my hair grows I cut it because am shy of my bald edges.Now am tired of that.I wanna grow back my hair.I had a pomade but now my hair has teansitioned to almost natural.Problem,it is too dry.It falls off when I comb it.What do I do to keep it in a nutaral state?Which protective haorstyle to wear whilst growing my edges?I take my suplements.Biotin,Omega 3,6,9,hair,skin and nails ones too.I will appreciate your advice as you really do look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete