Saturday 25 July 2015

MY SHAMPOO EXPERIENCE





So last night I decided to wash my hair using a packed sulfate shampoo after dodging it for a very long time. In fact I've only  used a sulfate shampoo once since I went natural. I have been using the moisturizing one from Afro botanics.

My hair has not been able to drink up moisture much these days so I decided to use a much stronger shampoo to help open up my cuticles. I also added the baking soda. I'm low porosity. So what was my experience? Let's just say This was the best decision I've ever taken for my hair ladies. My hair was super soft during the wash, YES!! SOFT!! Yes I know. It didn't feel stripped at all, my hair swell obviously because my cuticles were raised, llloved it. So I went in with my conditioner right away. Tresseme naturals. I continued detangling and rinsed it off with bearable hot water just so my cuticles could remain open. And then I followed with my DC. 

I choose among these based on my routine. 

I'm really happy with the results and pleased I've learned one more thing about my hair and that product build up can harm your hair. My hair loves shampoos. 

These are the products I use to cleanse my hair. 

Anyone with me ladies? Do you Love, hate or just okay with shampoos?


let's connect https://www.facebook.com/ImNaturalInSA?ref=aymt_homepage_panel 

9 comments:

  1. Totally agree with you. I see nothing wrong with an occasional sulphate shampoo to clear up build up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey. Shampoo tends to dry out my hair-so if i use, i soften it up by adding water and oil.

    P.S why do you use bicarbonate of soda? and where do you purchase bentonite clay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Grace, bicabo' is known to be good in gently lifting up the cuticles of the hair which then allows moisture to go in. My hair is very low in porosity so this helps so much with feeding my hair some moisture.

      in regards to you hair drying up, have you tried pre-pooing prior to shampooing? This may help with the dry feeling but I like your solution of adding water and oil. you go girlfriend.

      I buy the bentonite clay from Fun with soap. www.funwithsoap.co.za. Dischem also does have in their nature's choice isle.

      Delete
    2. Hi Grace, bicabo' is known to be good in gently lifting up the cuticles of the hair which then allows moisture to go in. My hair is very low in porosity so this helps so much with feeding my hair some moisture.

      in regards to you hair drying up, have you tried pre-pooing prior to shampooing? This may help with the dry feeling but I like your solution of adding water and oil. you go girlfriend.

      I buy the bentonite clay from Fun with soap. www.funwithsoap.co.za. Dischem also does have in their nature's choice isle.

      Delete
  3. Thank you Lee. Yes I've tried coconut oil which has helped.

    one more question-how do you use bicarb in your wash regimen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coconut oil for pre-pooing.

      Delete
    2. Hi Grace, I use Bocarb' bi-weekly when I do my shampoo wash. I add a table spoon in/with my shampoo.

      I pre poo mostly with castor oil but coconut oil is the best when you know you will be detangling. I used to use coconut oil but stopped when I experienced protein overload a month ago. Coconut oil is not protein but mimics protein when in contact with hair so I stopped using it alone.

      Delete