Tuesday 4 August 2015

BENTONITE CLAY EXPERIENCE

Clay cleanser/detox vs clay deep conditioner


Hello hello loves. As promised I'm here with my clay experience as a cleanser and as a deep conditioner.
The first time I used the bentonite clay, I used it as a cleanser and as a detox for my hair from the protein overload I had experienced due to over indulging in protein treatments. The clay worked magnificently for me, I was very happy with the results. The brittle and the dry feeling my hair had, vanished straight away so I was over the moon with the clay results. My hair didn't feel "cleansed" It felt moisturized and detoxified. I will however try it again in the future as a cleanser on a much healthier hair and see how it feels, given that previously I was not necessarily looking for clean hair, I was looking for soft moisturized hair. I didn't pay much attention into whether it removed the build up or cleansed my scalp. So It'll be unfair of me to say it doesn't cleanse.  Here's a recipe for the clay cleanser should you want to try it.

Recipe for clay cleanser:


  • Bentonite clay
  • Apple cider vinegar 
  • rosemary essential oil
  • peppermint essential oil 
  • water 


This past weekend I tried the clay as a deep conditioner and boy I LOVED the results. By far this is my most favorite deep conditioner I have ever had. My hair was so soft, the tangles were melting like butter. My coils clumped together like lovers ooolala!!. For the first time since I've been natural I felt the bounce in my hair. When I shook my head, I felt my hair moving. I saw my real curl pattern YAYYY!. I love my bento' ladies, I hope it'll give you great results should you try it too.


STEP 1

  • On freshly washed hair I applied the paste 

STEP 2

  • I covered my head with a plastic back for deeper penetration and left it for about 2-3 hours while I continued with my chores. I also wrapped a towel for that extra heat. ;) 














STEP 3

  • I thoroughly rinsed off the clay using warm water then followed up with my tresseme naturals conditioner and only rinsed half of it off. I then T-shirt dried my hair. Immediately, I followed up with my leave in conditioner, raw Shea butter then castor oil to seal. I use the LCO method. 














STEP 4




STEP 5


  • styling 

















Recipe for clay deep conditioner:


  • Bentonite clay 
  • apple cider vinegar 
  • 5ml extra virgin olive oil
  • 20ml organic coconut oil
  • 10ml cold pressed castor oil
  • Rosemary essential oil
  • Water 


PS: The measurements for water, the clay and the ACV depends on the length and the thickness of your hair and how you personally want your paste to be.

Have you tried the clay ladies? please do share your experiences and tips on how I can make the most of my bag of clay in the comment section below.

Happy hair days to y'all.. mpwaaa!!!

9 comments: