Monday 24 August 2015

TRIMMING/DUSTING HAIR...I DID IT MYSELF!!

As much as "trimming" hair sounds disheartening to anyone looking to grow some length,  it is very important and essential for one to have once in a while. I've always wished I won't have to trim my hair at all but hay, that was just a wild dream. 

Trimming is more of evening out the ends of the hair strands whereas dusting is cutting off some dead ends. Trimming is more effective and beneficial compared to just dusting. 

So, why trim or dust hair? Trimming or dusting hair is important to prevent unnecessary breakage of hair and "It promotes growth" . When the ends of hair are damaged, it is recommended that you snap the damage off rather than leaving it to snap on its own. It also promotes better hair growth and health. 

When it comes to when one should trim their hair, I say different strokes for different for  folks. Some people have a strict schedule on trimming hair, some do it when they need it, some are just scissor happy, they just love the neat look a trim gives. 

I recently dusted my ends off myself at home. I used Carmen's of My natural sistas technique to archive this. 



I knew I needed some sort of trimming when my hair started feeling fried, dry and stringy. my hair was tangling a lot even after I have put my precious time into detangling it. It was very frustrating. The styles weren't coming out nicely as I know they could. I twisted my hair and left it for wigging. I haven't taken it out as yet to see how different it is after the trim. 



















This is how much I snapped off >>>>>>>>


















xoxo!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment